Making the very best New York cheesecake ever
My grandma taught me how to make the best New York cheesecake. This is a well-guarded family secret that my family has been passing on from one generation to the next. But since I love sharing what I do with you my dear readers, it is my pleasure to share with you this recipe of my grandmother.
I hope that you will love it as much as my family does. So here goes:
- Make sure that you preheat your oven up to 350 degrees Farenheit. Then you have to bake the crust and leave it in the pan.
- While the crust is baking, you now have to work on the cheesecake itself. Get a large bowl and mix your cream cheese and 1/3 cup of sugar. Slowly add the cornstarch and mix until you have a creamy consistency.
- Continue to mix in the remaining sugar and add inn the vanilla. You can beat in the eggs and the cream. Be careful to note that the mixture should be light and creamy. Once done, you can now put this over the crust.
- You need to put the cake pan in a shallow pan with hot water. Then bake the cake until the edge is light brown and the center does not move. The baking itself may take as long as one hour or more. Continue baking of the cake still feels soft. Once down, allow the cake to cool. Then you can cover it with plastic and refrigerate.
- It is important to just leave the cake in the fridge until it is time to serve. Always remember to use a sharp knife for a straight slice. You can always put back any leftover cake in the fridge. Just make sure it is tightly covered and you can enjoy it up to two days.